Friday, July 13, 2012

I am a Bird

A little bird I am,
   Shut from the fields of air;
And in my cage I sit and sing
   To Him who place me there;
Well pleased a prisoner to be,
   Because, my God, it pleases Thee.
My cage confines me round;
  Abroad I cannot fly;
But though my wing is closely bound,
   My heart's at liberty.
My prison walls can not control
  The flight, the freedom of my soul.
Oh, it is good to soar
   These bolts and bars above,
To Him whose purpose I adore,
   Whose providence I love:
And in Thy mighty will to find
  The joy, the freedom of the mind.
 
 
I found this poem while browsing through Emily's high school Literature book.  It got me thinking, God frees our soul and mind, but there are times when He puts our physical bodies into a time of confinement.  No one can cage you heart, mind or soul without your permission.  If you're in Christ physical limitations shouldn't matter because all that's worth while is truly at liberty.  

1 comment:

  1. great post! hey, u wanna new blog design? go to http://inspiredbyyoudesigns.blogspot.com/ for more info!

    ReplyDelete