Thursday, April 16, 2015

All That's Fair

    I haven't written in a while.  I've gotten my puppy, tapped ample trees and made syrup, overseen goat births, planted a garden, all the beautiful things this time of year brings to the farm.  And it makes me happy. Winter, even with our easier and more effecient farming system, was starting to drag painfully.  I went outside Monday and the scent of flowers was carried on the breeze.  Yes.  Spring.  Finally.  Everyday for the last week I've spent all my time outside working, all the little post winter things that beed to be done that it's really a pleasure to do becasue it's so beautiful outside.  
     The only reason I'm even inside writing this now is because I've injured my foot and even after the 10 days since I hurt it, it's still swelled the size of a baseball.  Apparently I need to rest it.  I've barely been able to stuff it inside a shoe so unless I'm going out into public, I have a fantastic excuse to do farmwork barefoot.  Freaks everyone else out but doesn't bother me.  
      Life doesn't get much better than kneeling in a pile of composted manure with your puppy digging near by, planting seeds and your shuffling music starts playing This is My Father's World.  

This is my Father's World, why should my heart be sad?  

Why should it?  The sun is shining, physically and metaphorically.  It may not last long, I have no idea, but all I know is that I'm going to enjoy it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment