Sunday, March 22, 2015

Nose Trouble

I have figured out what will make the world a better place.  If everyone minded their own bunnies, I would bet half the world's problems would dissapear.   
I've always had little interest in other people's lives/problems/secrets.  I have my hands full with my own life thank you very much. 
So much hurt is caused by meddling, and her sisters nosiness and and gossip.  Don't people have work?  Hobbies? Something constructive to do with your time?  
I can however understand the perverse satisfaction gained from talking bad about someone that I can't stand, which is related to gossip, so I have plenty of room here to grow myself.  
Just keep your nose to yourself, it's not that hard, keep your eyes forward and your hands busy.  It's good for you, and relievingly better for the rest of us.  I don't want to have to answer all your questions.  I dont want to have to tell you things that happened to other people I care about.  I don't want to have to defend myself against your prying, and neither do the rest of the honest, steady people just trying to get by.  
Gee, I wonder if there's a relevant Bible verse that would back me up here.  
Wait
There is.....
Oh, look at you there 1 Thess 4:11! 

Aspire to live quietly, and to mind your own affairs, and to work with your hands, as we instructed you.

There you go.  

PS weeks after I wrote and saved this post (it's been sitting in my drafts for a while) there comes a country song talking about exactly this subject, it's what reminded me that I hadn't published this yet.  

1 comment:

  1. There are of course times when we SHOULD intervene, either helping the helpless or comforting others or rebuking - with love- to keep people on the right path. But, yes, sometimes it's better just to mind our own business. Blessings!

    http://teensliveforjesus.blogspot.ru

    ReplyDelete