Thursday, February 5, 2015

I Love Winter (And Other Things)

We've barely had any snow all winter and then suddenly the first week of February we get slammed.  We've got about 2 feet but supposedly we're going to get another foot or so.  Everyone hates the snow, and while I would admit that it's a bit of an inconvenience at times, I actually really like it.  The cold for real doesn't bother me anyway and shoveling snow is enjoyable workout.  

Monday, Emily had a snow day from college and we had an impromtu bareback ride through the ongoing mini blizzard.  I am more likely to ride a horse when there's soft cushening all around me in the likely event that I go flying.  I didn't actually end up eating snow that day, and it was so beautiful out.  Snow swirling, the heavy breathing from the horses making puffs in the air and quiet, so much quiet.  And yes, you do freeze but then you come in to feed a roaring fire and drink tea.  The only downside is that even today, I still walk like a duck.  To all those workout/crossfit/whatever nut jobs out there, horseack riding, try it and tell me if a machine or special move works out your inner thighs as well.  I'm going to MMA tonight and I'm praying hard we're not doing a leg day.  

Anyways here's a quick catch up
What I'm reading: Choas Walking Trilogy, The Ask and the Answer (dark but I highly recommend) 
What I'm watching: Fate/Stay Night, a superb anime (thanks Eddie for making me watch it!) 
What I'm listening to: Wretched Radio (as always) Crooked Halo by Annie Bosko and That's Why God Loves Cowboys, by Aaron Watson.  From the looks of it country music for 2015 is taking a better turn!
Current DIY: Signs for all the outbuildings so they can be labeled in a rustic manner 
What I'm Playing: Just Give Me A Reason, by P!nk, it has such beauitiful piano parts, I couldn't resist 

So that's life right now, I'm just enoying it one wintery day at a time.  

2 comments:

  1. That sounds like an absolutely beautiful day. :-) I have never ridden horses (not as it counts, anyway) but I've always kind of imagined that I'd love it (kind of silly, I know :-D ). I looked up the book you recommended— I had never heard of it, but it sounds fascinating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone should try it at least once Caiti! It's definitly not for me, but even I can enjoy a rousing gallop! Great adrenaline rush.

    ReplyDelete