Monday, December 15, 2014

Today the Sun was Out

Honestly, today was too beautiful of a day to be sad on, it was prettty much impossible.  I feel like we haven't had a clear sunny winter day in weeks here in NY.  Today was one of those days you get every once in a while that just reasure you that things are going to be alright.  
The sky was so blue, the ice on the pond so clear and crystaline.  The animals were all in good spirits.  I had a comforting visit with Angela.  I bathed our dog, introduced my dad to Johnny Rockets, and strethed out so that maybe one day I can roundhouse someone in the temple.  And now here I am, in front of the wood-stove, a 3/4 completed piece of art next to me, not ready to sleep even though it's almost midnight.  

The house is quiet.  Mom and dad are asleep and Emily isn't home from work yet.  There are enough Christmas lights in our living room to light a small villiage in Africa and the cat is contemplating which ornament to swat at.  Honestly I'm kind of shocked at how Ok I'm doing.  But I know why.  Never have I felt such support from my friend and church family as I have this last week.  Having a small church makes bearing each other's burdens that much easier.  And what makes everyone more concerned for me than with William's death is that Kevin took his own life.  That makes an already terrible situation 100% worse for all his loved ones. I know I didn't mention that in the last post, I just couldn't think of anywhere to fit it in. 

 The very day we received the heartbreaking news, my pastor Wellington called me up to make sure I was Ok and to tell me they were all there for me.  Amanda has been texting me everyday and not letting me "hide in my hobbit hole all the time" as she puts it.  I have been there for people, I have had people's backs....and now...when I honestly can't funtion sometimes, it's great to know I have people that love me enough to do the same.  
I truly am blessed. 
-Victoria 

1 comment:

  1. Victoria, I'm so glad you have a church family to help you through this difficult time. That is certainly a blessing from God!

    As for the clouds, those can get pretty depressing, I know! The sun is a beautiful thing when it finally decides to show it's face. It makes me think of Samwise Gamgee; "When the sun shines, it will shine out the clearer..." Praying you have many more days of good sunshine ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete