Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Christmas Eve Post

This Christmas season has been one of the longest I feel I have ever had in my life.  I just can't wait til it's over.  I remember last year, I started to like Chritmas and early December of this year, I felt that I finallly was starting to like this whole Christmas thing.  But the month has just draaaaagged.  Since dad has lost his job, he is home all the time now.  Having an extra person around all the time is so different.  It sounds like such a little thing, but for me, it's an extra person to talk to all day long, an extra person to delagate chores with, and another opinion, another everything and it's so unusual.  It's been a learning curb, and it's exhausting me.  

"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory."  2 Chorinthians 4:17 

I read 2 Chorinthians 4 every day, sometimes twice a day.  Sometimes I feel bad that that's the only piece of Scripture I read, but nothing else sinks in, nothing else holds my attention.  I will fix that eventually, but for now, the same chapter in the same book that is new to me every time I read it, will suffice. 

So Christmas is tomorrow and I can't say I'll be dissapointed when it's all over.  But it brings me joy to see the gladness on the faces of my friends and family that come along with the holiday.  I will hold onto that, that, and my special chapter, and my only 2 Christmas hymns that I can tolerate.  

I hope everyone reading this has/had a fantastic and heartwarming Christmas.   

No comments:

Post a Comment