Saturday, December 27, 2014

Put Yourself in the Way of Beauty.

I recently went to go see a movie that I really loved.  It was definitly not family apropro in many places, but nonetheless, I was touched by the character and her story.  Ultimately it was a movie about how nature, struggle, and hard work can heal us, and to never quit.  As a broken woman hikes the Pacific Crest Trail she realizes that no matter how terrible life gets, there's a sunrise and sunset everyday so at least twice a day you can put yourself in the way of beauty.  

Everyday, no matter how ugly everything around you is, you have no excuse when you think that ugliness is all there is.  You do however, have to make an effort to see the beautiful things, they don't conveniently pop in front of your vision. 

And even though the movie doesn't mention it, I can't help but think that there's a God who perhaps did this on purpose.  I think as a reminder of His goodness.

Anyways, I was inspired by that and thought I'd share.  

1 comment: