Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Hello and Goodbye

Obviously I haven't written in ages.  I'll spare you the excuses, but in short, life has been getting away from me, survival mode leaves no room for writing.  But a couple weeks ago I left all the chaos, the problems, and the drama behind and went on a roadtrip with my bestie.  I chose Maine as a destination, I must admit my only reason for choosing Maine was because for the last month I had been craving lobster (shh Amanda assumes I wanted to go for some heartfelt reason, don't tell her).  I honestly had the time of my life.  I didn't realize how much I love Northern New England.

This was a camping road trip to save on cash so it cost barely anything when split between us to rest for each night.  I wasn't so sure about camping, I assumed I would love it, but I don't like assuming.  But sometimes my instincts are actually right because, camping is now my favorite thing.

I am not usually an early bird, though I am always chipper in the morning.  When waking up to the great outdoors my cheerfulness level rises 200%.  I would breath in the cool damp air heavy with the scent of wood smoke and pine and just smile.  I would hook up our little propane grill and fill a pot with water for tea.  It seemed like ever other minute I was praying gratefully to the One who gives and takes away.  Right then, He was definitely giving.  I would sip tea and make instant oatmeal and just relax for a few hours in the peace of the wilderness.  Amanda, who is neither a light sleeper or an early bird, would come out of the tent late and take her time getting ready for the day in silence.  I didn't mind and would just read, or collect fire wood, or write in my journal.

I also did a lot of another type of praying.  the "Ok Lord, please don't let me die" prayers.  The kind you whisper while climbing cliffs or walking along narrow ledges with long vertical drops, or going to bed knowing your campsite has a residential bear.  Let's just say we had our adventures.  My life is either boring or stressful back home so I make up for it on vacation with periods of calm relaxation and adrenaline rushes.  

As I'm thrown back into the thick of it here, I am so thankful for my 12 day vacation filled with lighthouses, rugged coasts, and seaglass, God knows what you need and just what you can handle, and apparently I could have used a break, so I got one, and I am so happy with it.

Also, just a heads up that I probably won't be writing much on here, not until I get some things figured out in my life. So until then, keep fighting every one!

No comments:

Post a Comment