Sunday, May 11, 2014

Happy Things

"You just gotta keep swimming" that was the deep advice my best friend gave me at the beginning of last week.  It may not seem like much because, really, what other option do you have than to just keep going?  Well, you could just stop swimming and drown, that's really the only other choice.  That's why you just gotta keep swimming.  Today, in my journal I decided to write a list of all the good things things that happened to me this week. I actually remembered very clearly the rays of sunshine that uplifted me during what was a draining and stressful week.  I thank God for that because the bad of last week is really fuzzy and vague in my mind.  Praise Jesus!  Maybe because I was telling myself to keep swimming I'm turning into Dory?  ES-CA-PAY!! Ok, I'm done now.

Awesome things that happened in Victoria World:

- The old owner left her decorative boat sitting next to the pond.  Upon testing, I found it water worthy.  I have paddled around in my 6ft little skiff every day this week. Water dripping off the oars, little whirlpools forming after each stroke, ripples, I love everything about boating, it never gets old.  

- I had a few duck eggs in the incubator and now have one single duckling.  I not so secretly love ducks, I mean their funny waddle and their quiet quacks, seriously, I could die from the cuteness.  Little Sparky, is such a joy and I cuddle him at least twice a day.
See his cute face here

- Praise from my martial arts teacher!  I was learning my first form a few weeks ago and I felt like a 13 year old learning algebra again. so confused and frustrated. After two weeks my instructor described it at it's best "raw".  This week I tried a different approach, I drew myself a diagram and practiced the form to music and boom it clicked.  Easy peasy, why was I having trouble again?  When it came time for practice, he was surprised at how fast I improved.  Yeah!  One more hurdle jumped!

- One Piece <3

- I know, the next one is shocking.  Francesca Battistelli's new album.  I may smash every radio I hear that plays "This Is the Stuff" but I decided to give her new album a chance hoping for a little more substance.  I'm glad I did.  There were still a couple pop-y songs that annoyed me a little (ahem Unusual :cough: :cough:) but there were some real gems in the album including a sweet unexpected life/love song (I Am Home).  My favorites include "He Knows My Name", "Choose to Love", "If We're Honest" and "Run to Jesus".  Nothing ground breaking and not my favorite style, but it seemed to fit me right now, so I'm currently digging it.

- Visiting the only non chain local coffee shop in my area, live music and everything!  Ok, the music wasn't that great but the company was good.  Some nights they have open mic night for poetry and singing, might have to return for some more memory making.  

Make a list of all the happy things that happened to you this week, it's fun. :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment