Thursday, May 1, 2014

Bad Week Survival 101

I don't know what a bad week at work looks like to you, but for me, it means something died.  This week multiple things died.  I guess it's kind of like being in the medical profession except not as bad because it's animals and not people.  That really doesn't make me feel better but it does make me grateful I'm not an ER doctor.  

It's been one of those weeks when I play "I Need Thee Every Hour" on repeat.  I sometimes grimly ask myself why nothing is easy, why literally and metaphorically everything has to be scraped and held together with baling twine and bungee cords.  But I know the answer.  I just don't like it.  If things went smoothly then I wouldn't need to sing "I need Thee every hour".  Literally.  Every.  Hour.

If I feel damaged it's because I'm not letting myself be fixed, and if I'm weary it's because I'm doing things in my own strength.  So I have to just stop doing that, simple enough.  

And then I sketch, write, bake, read, and sing and it eases the sadness a little.  I know it's Ok to be sad for a bit because the day I don't feel anything at the loss of a living creature is the day I hang my hat up as a farmer for good.            

No comments:

Post a Comment