Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Cue, Next Curveball on Life

Ok, I usually don't like to write a whole lot about my life happenings since it isn't the real reason for this blog, BUT with that said I am going to write about one important thing. 

As most of you know, I'm not traveling anymore and am at home, holding down the fort, cooking, and cleaning, etc.  Those of you who I have talked to know how much of a struggle it is for me to sit around with little to do.  During this time I have been trying to spend as much time with God as possible to fill the gaps.  In my prayers I have to admit that I asked God to send an opportunity for work my way.  Preferable work with pay.  Well, God opened a door and I am happily stepping through it today.

I am now a part time clerk at the local Agway.  For all you city slickers, Agway is a farm and garden store.  I have been a customer there for as long as I can remember.  I have applied with them many times before, 5th time's the charm.  My personal feeling is that they hired me just to make me shut up.  Anyways, I have been training on the cash register two 8-hour days with them and today is my first "official" day.

I have to say from working 2 days already, having a job is going to make me more cynical than I already am.  *sigh* When I mentioned that at Friday night Bible study my paster piped up, "Isn't that like saying you're going to make the water wetter?"
Yeesh, my reputation proceeds me........      

1 comment:

  1. Victoria! You are too funny. I hope you learn a lot at your job. It's amazing what the Lord can use...He taught me so much from my job as a waitress/barista/bar tender, as a runner, as a college student...you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete