Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pick Your Battles

You've grown up in a Christian home, you know the facts, you've got the knowledge, you've probably spent most of your high school life preparing that thesis for the argument with the first atheist that comes into your path.  "Oh look, someone who doesn't know the truth!  ATTACK!" and soon you engage, spurting out Bible verses and theological philosophical arguments, when all the person in front of you wants to do is deliver your mail.

I know myself well enough to know I'm a little trigger, I mean blade happy.  I know the heart of a true warrior doesn't take pleasure in violence, but in doing what is right.  As a Christians I shouldn't take pleasure in proving someone wrong, but in revealing them the love and salvation of Christ.

I have had some good friends that didn't believe in the true love of God.  It is the same with most of my relatives.  When I hang out with these people I really need to pick my battles.  Sometimes the time is right to speak up and proclaim the truth boldly, but a lot of the times it isn't.  Most of the time, showing them genuine friendship and love is the way to soften their heart before the gospel seeds can be planted.

Pick your battles, sometimes the rose is more effective than the sword.  

No comments:

Post a Comment