Friday, December 2, 2011

Music, Love, and Grace

The more Contemporary Christian Music I explore, the more I start to stray from the typical "I heard it on the radio Christian music".  I have found that there are many quote Christian songs on the radio that don't match up with God's word.  That doesn't mean I'm against CCM.  It's just that I don't think people realize how much more Christian music there is out there that doesn't make it to "popular".  In the popular there is a mix of theologically sound and not sound music.  I have found so many good artist with songs rich with truth that I would have never heard of if I just listened to the radio.  Artists like Shane and Shane, Leeland, Phil Wickham, and Peder Eide.   That was just the introduction to this post!  Here is the chorus of a new song I absolutely love.  It's called "Your Love" by Shane and Shane, from their new album "The One You Need".     

Your love tears me up
And when its done
Puts me together
Your love calls me out
Of my death and my failure
Love, Your love, Your love

God's love will break down our walls, break through our pride, and tear us up, but the thing about God is He never leaves us broken, He is always faithful to heal.  So why go through the whole process?  Because every time we are broken and then healed we realize even more how much we need a Savior and we grow more in love with Him.  Not only that, but as we grow more flexible to God's will, He is able to use us in even greater ways for His glory.

Isn't His grace amazing?  His grace will undo, His grace will build up, and most importantly His grace  calls us out of our death.

-Victoria 


  

1 comment:

  1. Dear Victoria, for awesome music off the beaten path, I highly suggest noisetrade.com I'm really into Jason Scott, Adiel, and Zach Ellsworth right now. It's pretty cool because the site has a feature that lets you search an artist you already like, and it makes recommendations for new music based on that.

    ReplyDelete