Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Names.....

I am a firm believer in the power of names.  I think that your name meaning will have extreme relevance if not prophetic meaning in your life.  So I went on a quest to find the meaning of my name.  Not just my first name, I already knew that, but my whole name: first, middle, and last.
I would challenge you to do the same.  It may give you insight into your personality or even your future.  I don't have a Bible verse to back that statement up, so I very well could be wrong.  But maybe not.

Try it.  Finding the meaning of your last name will be the hardest.  You may need to do a little research and get a few opinions as it may be different if you have a last name that traces back to multiple countries.  And while your at it, try to find your family crest.  Once you have your 3 name meanings try and put them all in a sentence by placing them in whatever order seems most logical as well as adding small words so it makes sense.

In case you were wondering my name meaning is: "Victory in my heart and spirit, by the water"

If you want to, I would love it if when you figure yours out, that you post it here (*ahem* hint hint Matthew and Stacia)

3 comments:

  1. Clearly, God has favored me...That's my first and middle name. Katherine means either clear or pure so I turned it into something that made sense. My last name doesn't really have a meaning; it was from my dad's ancestors when they were indentured servants. They worked for Fin, so when they came to town, they were Fin's man.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is really interesting Kate, I love family history. Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beloved gift of the Lord, and worker of the forest. (Thanks for the help).

    ReplyDelete