Friday, October 28, 2011

A Weapon of Your Choosing

I was once asked by a fellow swordfighting student, "Which would you rather have, two swords, a sword and a long knife, or a bow and arrows with dagger?" I chose a bow and arrows and dagger because I think it is best to end the trouble before you even exchange blows. See danger coming close, stop it with an arrow from a safe distance, and use the dagger if needed, small and handy. it just seems to heighten your chances of survival.

Our swordfighting teacher heard this and later brought it up to me. "You know Victoria, how you have always wanted a dagger at your side?" he asked me with a chuckle. "That weapon should first be the Bible, always having it on you, always having that availability. God's Holy Word is sharper than any knife you can carry."

Since then I have been given a pocket Bible and have gotten into the habit of always having it on me. Just like I would never leave home without my assisted opening knife on me (it is sweeeet!) I wouldn't leave home without my spiritual weapon either.

I find that having a mini Bible is like having that dagger I mentioned before, small and handy. I would suggest you invest in one to stick in your purse or backpack.

No matter what the weapon of your choosing, always have it available. Without it, you are vulnerable to attack from the enemy. A Christian that doesn't have or does read his Bible is like a warrior with a broken sword arm.

May your sword stay sharp my brothers and sisters.

-Victoria

No comments:

Post a Comment