Monday, October 31, 2011

Do You Trust Me? Part 1

A while ago, I posted about trust. And at the end I mentioned there was a story about it. Well, to be honest, I totally forgot about it. Until this morning.
This morning is the first time I have done any physical swordfighting in a while. It was amazing. Our band is smaller now, just 3 of us. The same three people I posted a picture of last week, Tim, Stacia, and me. After we sparred a little, I remembered all the swordfighting memories I have. Lessons that weren't just about form or technique, lessons that kind of dug deep into your heart and then did surgery. I remember how us teens used to call these sword fighting devotionals "soul slappings" half jokingly, half seriously. Because that is what it felt like sometimes. We didn't just read the Bible and spar, it was interactive, involving vulnerability and spiritual truths, some that hurt, all that freed.

One time, Tim made us all confess the biggest thing that we struggled with. Why we needed to share this to everyone, I had no idea. I personally never told anyone what I was struggling with. It was between me and God, enough said. After we had all reluctantly brought our struggles out into the open, Tim worked with us one on one, addressing each of our battles and shedding spiritual light over each one while coupling the whole thing with physical swordfighting. I went last and I totally wasn't expecting what was in store for me.

It was long, intense and takes a long time to describe, so that is why I am doing this post in two parts. I think here is a good place to end part one. Stay tuned, I will write about my part of the lesson in part 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment