Thursday, October 27, 2011

Nothing Like a Swordfight in the Morning

This morning I woke up and my mind was in turmoil. I got out of bed and went upstairs to the kitchen and made myself some tea, by the time it was ready I was dangerously close to going back to bed and throwing the covers over my head, just so I didn't have to face the day. I sat down to drink my tea and while I did my mind was filled with rushing thoughts, all negative ones. I was filled with an overwhelming sense that I wanted to go home and not leave my farm ever again. I have never felt this much anguish so early in the day, it was scary and I felt helpless to do anything about it.

So I started to get ready for the day and while I did, I realized that I was under attack. Seriously under attack. I had never had such a fierce battle so early in the morning! I mean, I had been barely conscious for 20 minutes. The enemy was whispering lies into my heart and I was listening and letting it soak in. Fail! As soon as I realized this I made a conscious decision to sword fight the enemy right then and there. I prayed to Christ my Savior, and asked Him for help to destroy the lies that I had bought hook, line, and sink this morning. As soon as I could I grabbed my sword (aka Bible) and read like there was no tomorrow.

Looking back on this time earlier today I realize what danger I was really in. Satan could have ruined my whole day and maybe even more if I hadn't remembered to sword fight with all I had before I compromised my position even more. Thank you Lord for rescuing me!

Moral of the story? There's nothing quite like a sword fight in the morning. Ok, there's more of a moral than that, but putting it in a neat little sentence just sounds way more epic.

-Victoria

3 comments:

  1. Aye, sword fighting the enemy can be a daily battle that we must fight. I personally have seen this and how God can work through it to make the person stronger in their Faith if they look towards Him. I'll be praying for you.

    Matthew

    P.S. I like the epic sentence also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Matt! Yeah, swordfighting=exercise=stronger. Hmmm, I like that metaphor....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a blog post in the making...

    ReplyDelete