Monday, November 11, 2013

Messy Times

     I just got back from North Carolina where I wet to William's memorial.  It was the est memorial I'd ever been too, the onyl one actually, usually I jut go to funerals, very, VERY Catholic funerals with the coffin, and the kneeling, and the weird smell, yeah, you get the picture.  My uncle and his wife, aren't "religious" as they call it, and wanted William to be remembered as he was so the ceremony was talking, just talking.  People coming up and sharing funny stories, stories of time they had with Will.  And there was a slideshow of pictures and his favorite shirt with declares in bold lettering "Speak Truth, Fear Nothing" was on display. 

      These last few days have been very messy.  I'm not really close with that side of the family, in fact William was the only one I liked and hung out with.  It was really hard being with them for long periods.  I was a little angry that God chose that time to work on my long suffering.  Grieving is hard, grieving surrounded by people whom I dislike almost as much as they dislike me is even harder.  A few precious gems have come out of this though, and I clung to those during last week.    I'm glad I was able to be there for my mom and sister.  I'm glad I was able to get closure.  I'm glad it's all over now.  I know I'm not just going to be fine just like that, but the worst is over, and God's promises still remain.  He is the Rock of Ages and a cleft for me.  Life goes on, and more challenges are up ahead, but as I was talking to a good friend, we both concluded that I will be fine, with Jesus, I will always be fine.  

Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort; Who comforteth us in all our tribulation, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God.  For as the sufferings of Christ abound in us, so our consolation also aboundeth by Christ.


No comments:

Post a Comment