Thursday, August 9, 2012

My Blind Girl Verse

I will bring the blind by a way they did not know; I will lead them in paths they have not known. I will make darkness light before them, And crooked places straight.  These things I will do for them, And not forsake them.  Isaiah 42:16

That's my verse.  A better combination of sentences could not be found to describe my life.  

At Agway, I am affectionately known by co-workers and customers alike as "the blind girl".  I joke about it, I live with it everyday not knowing any different, but not better how you dice it, being legally blind isn't fun, and it's just so dang hard to see sometimes.  I feel that way, metaphorically in my life all the time.  I just can't see what's in front of me.  That's why I love this verse, I can apply it so many ways.  I can attest to having been given supernatural physical sight at times in my life.  I can know without a shadow of a doubt that I will be able to see what He wants me to see.  He will light up the dark places and lead my feet the right way, all in this physical realm.  God made me this way, but He's not going to leave me there.  

And then, there's the whole other side of the coin.  Spiritually, I can only see a step ahead of me, the places where the adversary has made crooked and dark for me, the Lord has straightened.  And I can look back on my life and see places and circumstances that I would never have known or imagined.  Things that seemed impossible became very possible.  Coincidence?  I think not!  

Just an awesome verse, chock full of good stuff. :)  `

     

No comments:

Post a Comment