Friday, July 27, 2012

Power and Responsability

This week, I was watching a movie called "Merlin".  It's a movie all based on Arthurian legend, following the life, adventures and triumphs of Merlin and the rise of Camelot.  Lot's of sword fighting, fairies, chivalry, and all that jazz I love.  As we were watching this, I kept noticing the rise and fall (mostly fall) of men was due to a woman.  Uthar's lust for one woman drove him to war until he finally tricked his way into getting what he wanted.  Arthur was the result of that little escapade.  Arthur fell pray to seduction of Morgan LaFay, creating his worst enemy.  Gwenavere and Lancelot ruined Arthur with their secret affair.  The list goes on and on, how the power of one female destroys a kingdom.  I voiced this to my family as we were watching.  And we later talked about it.  

I really hate to see a woman abuse the power of her feminine mystique to manipulate men.  Ladies, we have the ability to strengthen the men in our lives, and drive them to greatness.  Or we could destroy them.  With great power comes great responsibility, and let's make sure we keep that in mind.  


No comments:

Post a Comment