Saturday, February 22, 2014

Hard Or Strong

"What's the difference between a strong man and a hard man?  The strong remain, the hard shatter."   
I am currently reading the Wheel of Time Series, it's a mammoth of a task, with 13 book and each book seriously ginormous.  I have pulled many a gem from this series, not limited to the above quote.  Hard people are brittle and will eventually shatter.  Strong people can roll with the punches and aren't destroyed.  
Many times being hard and strong are seen as the same thing, but a certain character goes on to explain why they are so different.  No matter how hard something is, there will always be something harder, hard is synonymous with stiff, and faced with something of greater mass, hard with break into pieces.  Those who are strong, bend and flow, rise and fall, this flexibility allows them to survive.  

It just gave me some food for thought today that I thought I'd share.  I have been called both hard and strong but recently I have trying to blend in some soft into my hard.  Maybe when you mix the sword and the rose the result is strong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment