Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Why Do We Fall?

"So we can learn to pick ourselves up again".  Says Batman, or rather Bruce Wayne's father.

A lovely sentiment.  

But wrong.  

As much as I want to love this quote and maybe would if I was trying to do things on my own, but as it is, not so much.  I would pick my self up and brush myself off in my default setting.  But what happens when you're so tired you can't pick yourself up?  Sure draw on some "inner strength" right?  Sounds great until you're the one in pieces at rock bottom.  Maybe Batman doesn't have that problem, I don't know, he is Batman after all, he probably has a gadget for that on his utility belt.  

In all seriousness though, God picks me up when I fall.  I will sometimes shake off His embrace or slap away His offered hand and wobble to my feet on my own, but this is followed swiftly with a crash and burn.  So I've pretty much given that up.  He is my strength and my Strong Tower, my Deliverer, my eyes when I can't see.  
And He is faithful, He will never leave me cast down.  

 The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way.
Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down: for the Lord upholdeth him with his hand.
Psalm 37:23,24

But not to make you think all Batman quotes are wrong: "Training comes after will, the will to act".  So true it is.  

In His battle,
Lady V  

No comments:

Post a Comment